Santa Across America


In honor of Christmas, and in awe that the big red jolly ape-man is able to travel the entire globe in one night delivering presents to all and restoring joy and peace to the world for perhaps a moment, I present what I am calling “Santa Across America.”

This is a one time, never-to-be-replicated event wherein I have collected the top Google Image Search result for "santa + stateName" for all fifty states (arranged alphabetically - admittedly not his actual flight plan). They are displayed below, with apologies to the copyright holders of the images (please contact me and I will remove your image if you wish, or link to your site from the photo - but don’t worry, I make no money from this blog whatsoever and definitely won’t pretend that I took these photos). I won’t link to each one, primarily because it is too much work, but also in the interest of fostering curiosity. Like one in particular? Do a similar search and see where it leads you. Christmas is a season of discovery and surprise - live it up! Do your own crazy Google searches this weekend. Search for “Santa + Coke + Satan” perhaps, or “Why is Baby Jesus sad on Christmas?" If you find anything amazing, odd, festive, freaky, or whatever - point me to it in the comments and if there’s an image, I’ll be sure to find it and add it to this post.

And now, without further ado, I present “Santa Across America 2006” because if he can make it around the globe in a night, surely Mr. Claus can breeze through the United States of America in one blog post.




Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Merry Christmas everyone (and truly, Happy Holidays, no matter what you celebrate). May Santa treat you all very well. Especially those of you who read my blog.


EDIT: These have been sent in by my good friend, Emily Tucker. Amazing.